Golden Beet and Grape Salad
- 1/2 pound yellow beets (3 medium), peeled
- 2 cups halved red California grapes
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head purple endive or butter lettuce, leaves rinsed, dried and separated
Grate the beets in a food processor fitted with the shredding blade or by hand. Combine the shredded beets with the grapes. In a small bowl mix the orange juice, shallots, oil, lemon juice, tarragon and honey and season with salt and pepper if desired. Pour dressing over the beet and grape mixture and mix well. Line eight serving plates with the endive or lettuce leaves, divide the salad among them and serve.
No serving suggestions.
Calories 73; Protein 2 g; Carbohydrate 14 g; Fat 2 g (25% Calories from Fat); Sat Fat 0.3 g (4 % Calories from Saturated Fat); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 183 mg; Fiber 3 g.