Chicken and California Grape Salad
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3/4 cup red California grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup green California grapes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, chopped (optional)
In a small bowl mix the yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste; reserve. In a medium bowl mix the chicken, onion, celery, and chile; add in the dressing and gently mix in the grapes, avocado and cilantro.
Serve salad on a bed of greens; or with a corn tostada, or as an arepa filling.
Calories 182; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 11g; Total Fat 7.4 g (Saturated Fat 1.4 g); 36% Calories from Fat; 7% Calories from Sat Fat; Cholesterol 54 mg; Sodium 274 mg; Fiber 1.7 g.