Spicy Pacific Rim Salad
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, sliced 2x1/2x1/4-inch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups California seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- 4 cups sliced hearts of romaine lettuce or napa cabbage
Combine soy sauce, garlic and grated lime peel in small bowl; add beef slices and mix well. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil then stir-fry green beans until crisp tender; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove from skillet. Stir-fry beef in same skillet to desired degree of doneness. Return beans to pan; add red pepper flakes and grapes and stir-fry until grapes are just barely heated. Add radishes, lime juice, remaining salt and sesame oil. Cool to room temperature for immediate service or refrigerate until served. When ready to serve, mix well and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve on bed of sliced lettuce or cabbage.
No serving suggestions.
Calories 200; Protein 15 g; Carbohydrate 20 g; Fat 7 g ( 32% Calories from Fat); Saturated Fat 1.5 g (7% Calories from Saturated Fat); Cholesterol 33 mg; Sodium 729 mg; Fiber 4.7 g.