Southeast Asian Chicken Salad with Fresh Green Grapes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce* or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced, seeded if you like it not too hot
- 3 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups California green seedless grapes, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken meat, cooked chopped 1/2
In mixing bowl whisk together first set of ingredients until well combined. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
* Use Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce if available for an authentic Southeast Asian flavor. If you cant find fish sauce, use soy sauce instead.
This makes a fabulous sandwich when used to fill a French roll or pita bread. It is also wonderful on top of jasmine rice or with Asian noodles, sprinkled with chopped peanuts.
Calories 135; Protein 15 g; Carbohydrate 6.5 g; Fat 5 g; 36% Calories from Fat; Saturated Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 40 mg; Sodium 346 mg; Fiber .5 g.