Grapes on Kids' Menus: The Time is Ripe
Foodservice operators and chefs in every single category are helping kids and parents make healthier food choices by offering more kid-friendly fruits and vegetables and adding whole grains to menus. Grapes from California are a natural addition, because it’s a fact: kids love grapes! That grapes are also healthy is simply a bonus that parents will love.
Here are 7 tips and ideas for adding Grapes from California to Kids’ Menus.
1. Offer grapes as an option to french fries or chips.
2. It’s OK to play with food! Yep, grapes are the no muss, no fuss finger-food that will keep kids happy as they wait.
3. Offer a child’s side of grapes for the reason cited above.
4. Kids love jiggly gelatin items. Include grapes in the mix for a healthy boost.
5. How about a Kids’ Small Plate? Fresh grapes, cheese, and crackers…simple and classic.
6. Include grapes on the salad bar – kids will actually eat them!
7. Place halved grapes on pizza for a California twist!