Fruity Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup California red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup bottled olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 pieces croissants for focaccia bread
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
Combine tuna, grapes, dressing, onion and mayonnaise in a medium bowl, just stir until combined. Cut open bread and place lettuce leaves on half bread pieces. Spread tuna salad over lettuce, pressing down slightly. Top with remaining bread.
Grapes and an olive oil-based dressing make this tuna salad a little out of the ordinary. Served on a flaky croissant or a savoury focaccia bread, this salad is pretty, as well as tasty.
Available upon request